During my hiatus from blogging, I saw a bunch of movies. And I didn’t review or mention them here. I know, you’re crushed. So here I continue a series of one sentence reviews of most of the movies I watched between 2 December 2013 and 5 September 2014.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past – A pleasant and fun addition to the X-Men series, as long as you don’t think about how the stupid time-travel tale works.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – A well-meaning addition to the franchise that was, to my mind, too “talky.” It’s supposed to be about dragons, not feelings.
- Snowpiercer – A pleasant and fun scifi action film with an Asian feel (the axe fight felt like The Raid or similar films), as long as you don’t think about how the stupid train is supposed to work.
- The Nut Job – Squirrels on a caper: about what you’d expect.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – The best of the Marvel superhero movies thus far, with solid character development and a real plot.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – A great team up action scifi movie directed by James Gunn, the genius behind Slither.