I’ve been tagged.
- When I pick “favorite things” lists, I avoid things that are too popular to avoid seeming uncool. When you make a list of your favorite old rock songs, the Forrest Gump soundtrack is a good guide of things to leave off.
- I like Macaroni and Cheese more than an adult man should.
- Like Roger, I too have a passing fear of deep water. Mine stems from a fear of sharks coming up to eat me. I distinctly remember floating in a lake, waiting to be picked up after I fell off my water skis, and rationalizing that there was nothing to fear from sharks below me even as my gut clenched in terror of what lurked below.
- My handle in online games is DrWombat. Because Wombats own. My current avatar on my counter-strike clan’s forum is to the right. If you don’t know what it is, you make me sad.
- My tastes often put me in a demographic 30 years my senior. Examples: Neil Diamond, Murder, She Wrote, Leo Kottke, PBS’ Mystery!
- In college, I was so enamored of M*A*S*H (the Altman film, not the TV show) that I worked Hawkeye’s distinctive whistle into my vocabulary. I’m currently working on “Fooey!” from Nero Wolfe.
- I wish I were a better photographer.
If you’re reading this and you blog and you found it somewhat amusing and you feel like it, consider yourself tagged.