Random thoughts from the aether today
- Reviewing the daily spam filter report, I see an email with the subject “Ready for your free rolex?” from “porn.com.” Now come on. I think that’s a parody of spam.
- I was looking at the design of my main site, curragh-labs.org, and wondering whether it needs a re-vamp. It’s fairly simple and I still like it, but it’s also the design I worked up in the summer of 2004 when I was starting at Columbia. Does a site need to be redesigned occasionally just because? Perhaps I will do so next summer to mark my progression (hopefully) from Assistant professor to Associate.
- I spent about 30 minutes today cleaning up and locking down the old MediaWiki installations I rolled for my WR2 courses over the last couple years. A spam-bot had gotten hold of one and started editing it.
- Is there a spam- or commercial- value to following someone on Twitter? I keep getting weird followers. And I know I’m not that witty.
- I’m going to start a Brendan Riley group on Facebook for all the Brendan Rileys ala The Sweetest Sound.