Quick bullets from my trip to Minnesota
Between Thursday 19 July and Wednesday 25 July, we took a trip to Minnesota for a couple events and to see my family. A few observations:
- I thought I had the blog all set up to run on autopilot, but I let you down with no new content on Monday. My apologies, Dear Reader.
- I spent a little time in a pool during three of the four days I hung out with my kids. The two-plus hours in the pool at my aunt and uncle’s house was the best — Finn is getting to be quite the swimmer.
- Got to watch Jenny kick ass in a 2.5km open water swim on Lake Harriet. Pretty cool, it was. I took lots of pics but haven’t sorted them yet.
- Attended a wedding of my good friend Mike and his bride, Deb. Good to catch up with old friends. Well done, you too.
- Went to a birthday dinner for my aunt — Happy birthday, Jeanne!
- Two nights at a B&B while the kids hung out with grandma. Great to get away for a couple days and remember what it’s like not to have to urge your table-mates to eat their food and/or use their inside voices.
- While in Red Wing, I learned a fascinating story about the Sea Wing disaster, in which a steamboat capsized, which resulted in 98 deaths, mostly of women and children who had been put inside the cabin to keep them dry and safe.
- Also, saw The Dark Knight Rises. Loved it.
- Came back via a night drive from 6:00pm to 12:45am Thursday morning. Couldn’t get to sleep, and then got to nurse Avery through three middle-of-the-night throw ups, probably from too many Skittles and/or the sugary “Bug Juice” she drank during our only stop on the drive.
Overall, a lovely trip home. Back to the grindstone.