Kickstarter results tracking
I’m a bit of a Kickstarter addict. I particularly like comics and board games on Kickstarter. I’m a glutton. I’ve discovered, though, that a lot of projects are not good at delivering on time. Here’s a breakdown of Kickstarters I’ve participated in and their timeliness:
- A Show with Ze Frank expected delivery March 2012, delivered on time
- Miskatonic School for Girls, expected delivery April 2012, delivered on time
- Santa Vs. Dracula graphic novel, expected delivery Sep 2012, still waiting!!
- SCIENCE: ruining everything since 1543, expected delivery Jun 2013, still waiting
- The Postcard Story, expected delivery Oct 2012, delivered one month late
- Castle Dice, expected delivery Jun 2013, delivered on time (same folks that made Miskatonic School for Girls)
- Tropes vs. Women, expected inclusion on site Aug 2012, my name was left off the list,* but delivered on time
- Machine of Death board game, expected Aug 2013, still waiting
- Zombie House Blitz, expected Aug 2013, still waiting
- Cura Te Ipsum, Year Two, expected Aug 2013, still waiting
- Kingdom PDF, expected Oct 2013, delivered on time (preview version made available July 2013)
And here are the ones that have not yet missed delivery predictions:
- Planet Money T-Shirt, expected Sep 2013, in progress
- A Study in Emerald, expected Oct 2013, in progress
- Teramydd: Earthsphere, expected Oct 2013, in progress
- The Agents, expected Nov 2013, in progress
- Zombie, Indiana, expected Nov 2013, in progress
- Code Monkey Save the World, expected Nov 2013, in progress
- Lady Sabre and the Pirates of the Aether, expected Dec 2013, in progress
- Under the Smogberry trees, expected Aug 2014, in progress
It seems like the big lesson with Kickstarters would be to add in extra time on your prediction so that you have wiggle room for shipping errors or whatnot. Teramydd seems already to be off track, so it will be interesting to see what happens.
* I literally just noticed this today, so I’ve emailed to see if they can fix it. No biggie.