I Watch Too Much TV, 2011-2012 edition
Alternate title for this post: Don’t let me complain that I don’t have enough time to get things done.
We watched the last episode of Grimm, season 1 last night and it occurred to me that I hadn’t posted anything about television this year. Here are very fast thoughts on a lot of television. Spoilers ahead.
Shows we both watched:
- Community – best comedy on television. Last ep this season felt like show finale, but it will be back!
- Bones – Moving the relationship forward? Good. Brennan running off with the baby? Stupid.
- Chuck - A great show while it lasted, ended right on time.
- Grimm – An enjoyable show that got better as it went along. I love Monroe.
- Once – Surprisingly enjoyable soap opera, especially once they toned down Rumplestiltskin.
- Castle – Finally.
- The Amazing Race – Continues as expected, though we really wanted Bopper and Mark to win.
- Psych – I love this show, but it’s getting a little stale.
- Mythbusters – See Psych
- Masterpiece Mystery – Sherlock was great, Zen was okay, we didn’t like the ones with Jason Isaacs
- Downton Abbey – Watched season one while season two was on tv, then got caught up on season two. AWESOME.
- True Blood – Continues to be great. New season starts this Sunday.
Shows we started, haven’t finished but still intend to watch:
- Glee – We like this, but got out of the habit. Will probably get it rolling pretty quick here.
- 30 Rock
- Parks and Recreation
Shows we started together but which Jenny has said she doesn’t want to watch, so I have to catch up on slowly by myself:
- Alcatraz (only 7 eps left)
- Game of Thrones (I’m two-thirds of the way through season 1)
Shows I have been dabbling in and watching on my own:
- The Mentalist
- Person of Interest
- The Office
Shows Jenny watches/ed on her own or with her mom:
- The Circle
- Hawaii Five-O
- Covert Affairs
Shows we recorded that I want to watch but we have not looked at even ONE episode from this season.
- American Horror Story
- The River
- Modern Family (Jenny will watch this too)
- The Walking Dead
Herein lies the problem in having a DVR with a huge capacity. On the other hand, I can’t remember the last time I “flipped” through channels aimlessly trying to find something to watch.