I’m not big on resolutions. I tend to fail at them, as we all do, so I don’t usually make them public for fear of, ahem, failing at them publicly. But what if I were to put myself up to the public ridicule of failing in them? I’m sure that will be more fun. Really. Ahem. So, here they are, in varying order of importance.
- I plan to dive back into my Getting Things Done regimen, starting with an office enema tomorrow. I will religiously use a next actions list and keep my inbox (and mind) clear.
- I am on Sabbatical from the end of January through mid August, so I need to be very rigid in my work schedule for fear of frittering my time away on television and the Interwebs. I haven’t decided for sure yet, but I’m thinking that my post-breakfast work time needs to be a 750/day kind of regimen, with everything else taking second priority to that goal. I have a book to finish, after all.
- Andrew blogged a few days ago about spending only 15 minutes per day on blog posts. This is a good rule that I will endeavor to follow. I am going to alter it slightly, though: I can only spend 15 minutes per post. I only RARELY do more than one post per day, but sometimes I write two or three posts in one day to be published over several. I plan to keep this process, but will limit each individual post to 15 minutes. (I’m at 11 minutes for this one, so far).
- We’ve decided to join the YMCA this year. Avery is already there twice a week for her swim team practice, so I can follow the lead of other parents there and do a 45 minute workout while she does the same. When I was in college, a friend with knowledge of this stuff came up with a workout regimen for me that involved some free weights and some cardio. I’ll probably adapt that, but I’d be interested to know what resources are out there for getting in shape. I’ll have to start relatively slowly, because I’m slothful by nature. Ideas, readers?
- The whole household is going on Weight Watchers this month. We’ve done it off and on before, but if everybody isn’t doing it, it’s very hard in my experience. Will keep you updated.
- I plan to return to confection-making. I haven’t made truffles in a long time and I miss it. Here comes the Yum.
That sounds like a good list. See you tomorrow.